Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Title: QA Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for assuring products conform to T.A.I established requirements and standards through audit, inspection, and test activities. Interacts with internal departments at all levels and external customers and suppliers. Strong working knowledge of QMS activities to ISO/TS16949:2009 requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formulates procedures, specifications, and standards for products and processes following customer and T.A.I requirements with consideration to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
- Establishes communication links with customers, vendors, and internal departments to effectively convey quality control information, test results, correctional measures, etc.
- Attends and participates in Quality meetings, Technical meetings, product development meetings, etc. and provides the necessary support.
- Conducts root cause analysis of quality problems, and develops and implements corrective counter measures using 5P, 5 Why and 8D formats.
- Provides daily instruction, guidance, and assistance to quality inspectors as it relates to the job.
- Compiles and analyzes data to support departmental reports. Prepares and distributes various reports and documentation related to departmental activities such as Material Supply Quality, Quality Report to Customer, etc.
- Develops and implements quality system planning, efficiency improvement, and measurement system programs to meet company and customer quality and control demands.
- Performs necessary PPAP’s and provides the necessary support to APQP activities, establishes inspection procedures, designs and procures inspection gauges, conducts gauge reliability studies, and creates calibration, inspection, and test standards and forms.
- Liaison to customer PQE’s and other quality representation for new product development and existing programs.
- Conduct internal and external supplier audits to requirements of ISO/TS16949:2009.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of mechanical engineering, and quality assurance inspection, diagnostic, and problem solving procedures and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of TOPY Quality Policy, QA standards, policies, and procedures as well as individual customer specifications and requirements. Emphasis on ISO/TS16949:2009.
- Knowledge of industry standards related to quality inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, root cause analysis, and problem tracking and reporting procedures.
- Excellent problem solving, diagnostic, and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills to convey and interpret quality inspection results and problem resolutions, and to maintain good customer relations.
- Ability to develop and implement quality system planning, efficiency improvement, and measurement system programs and tools.
- Ability to draft and complete various reports and documentation of departmental activities using Windows Office Suite with strengths in Excel.
- Ability to read calipers, micrometers, standards, and blueprints.
- Ability to distinguish colors and color shading to conduct visual quality inspections of products.
This position does not have any direct reports.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computes, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing some duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level on the job site can be loud
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, the position does access the manufacturing facility. The position does access the manufacturing facility. To navigate the area the individual will need to be able to walk moderate distances, climb a limited amount of stairs, and have the ability to communicate with operators safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires less than 5% travel.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
Two to three years of quality assurance/control or manufacturing engineering experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The management of TOPY America, Inc. reaffirms its policy of providing equal employment at this facility. Employment, training, advancement, and compensation will always be given on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.