Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The mechanical engineer position plan and designs product applications and assemble project teams. The position is responsible for organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the development, evaluation, and improvement of manufacturing methods.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Successfully transition products from product development to production.
- Manage manufacture of products and process optimization.
- Provides technical direction, serves as a point of contact for designated area of expertise, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project
- Writes manufacture and test procedures and reports. Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Two to three years of experience in maintenance preferably within a manufacturing environment including exposure to machine design and modification
- Ability to lead and manage projects from inception to completion of both medium to large magnitude
- Knowledge or experience with transfer presses both pneumatic and hydraulic
- Exposure to programming and troubleshooting of programming for PLC, CNC and robots
- Ability to use Auto CAD or similar package
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effectively working with manufacturing personnel, other department personnel, and management.
- Excellent computer word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills.
This position does not have any direct reports.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computes, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing some duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level on the job site can be loud
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, the position does access the manufacturing facility. To navigate the area the individual will need to be able to walk moderate distances, climb a limited amount of stairs, and have the ability to communicate with operators safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires less than 5% travel.
Electrical Engineering degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The management of TOPY America, Inc. reaffirms its policy of providing equal employment at this facility. Employment, training, advancement, and compensation will always be given on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.