Job Title: Kaizen Coordinator
Company Job Code:
Reports to: Mfg Safety / Kaizen Mgr
Last Revision Date: 1.18.16
Under routine supervision of the Manufacturing and Kaizen Department Safety Manager, the Kaizen Coordinator analyses, plans, and coordinates Small Group Circle improvement activities and the Associate Suggestion System.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the creation, development and maintenance 0f Topy America Inc’s Suggestion and Circle Activity Programs.
- Develops training materials to support these programs and any other program designated by the manager.
- Coordinates Suggestion and Circle activities with associates, management and other departments.
- Develops enthusiasm and stimulates participation in Suggestion and Circle Activity programs through the use of prizes, incentives and propaganda.
- Arranges, disperses, tracks payments and maintains records for Suggestion and Circle Activity Programs.
- Arranges and purchases prizes for various contests and promotions.
- Conducts training classes for Continuous Improvement Methodology, computer literacy and other items as designated by manager.
- Analyses data on program participation and gaps in training makes charts and recommendations to management.
- Follows up on suggestion, implementation and progress of circle activities.
- Chairs weekly Suggestion Meetings, Annual Circle presentations and other meetings as needed.
- Plans, arranges and coordinates contractors for Annual Circle Presentations.
- Arranges travel for associates traveling for Circle Activity Presentations.
- Represents Topy America, INC. to Honda Supplier Support by attending regional CAN (Circle Activity Network) meetings and conferences.
- Plans annual budgets for Suggestion and Circle Programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AMD EXPERINCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of Suggestion Systems, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement, P.D.C.A and other lean manufacturing tools.
- Great presentation skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required, including Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of manufacturing lines and processes is a plus.
- Experience creating and delivering training classes in front of 5-20 people
- Ability to keep presentations on track and bring attendees back to focus if distractions are present.
- Ability to develop enthusiasm and buy-in for Suggestion and Continuous Improvement Programs by use of contests, themed activities and propaganda.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with driving continuous process improvement (e.g. Kaizen methodology and concepts) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain rapport with others.
- Must be proficient in multiple PC based software, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates, ability to lead and motivate teams as well as individual associates, strong coaching/mentoring skills.
This position does not have any direct reports.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing some duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level on the job site can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, the position does access the manufacturing facility. To navigate the area the individual will need to be able to walk moderate distances, climb a limited amount of stairs, and have the ability to communicate with operators safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
TRAVEL Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Occasional international travel may be required.
Some college in a technical or management field or commensurate experience within a manufacturing environment.
The management of TOPY America, Inc. reaffirms its policy of providing equal employment at this facility. Employment, training, advancement, and compensation will always be given on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.